Remodeled
For more than five years, I've been mildly distressed about the design of the schwitzgebel.org site - in particular the javascript-based drop-down menu system. It looked reasonably good and provided a convenient way to drill down to the various content areas, but only if one happened to have javascript turned on. The smallish number of visitors who had javascript turned off - as well as users of older versions of the Safari browser and users of any version of Opera - would find themselves up the proverbial creek without a clickable link.
I found myself with a bit of time recently. It's so hot right now (over 100 °F) that going out for a bike ride is uncomfortable, if not dangerous; so I stayed inside and started working on the web site. I think I've solved the navigation issues, and I hope you find getting around the new structure to be intuitive.
Never content to leave well enough alone, I also made some changes to the color scheme and typography of the site. One of the first visitors to see the redesigned site remarked, “It has a simple and inviting look to it and navigation is easy.” I hope you agree.
Labels: site update

<< Home